Lady faints after accidentally breaking a £34,000(N13m) bracelet while trying it on at a shop

A tourist in China is reported to have fainted after accidentally breaking a jade bracelet worth 300,000 yuan (£34,000)(N13,854,679)

The woman was visiting a jade market in Ruili City, south western China’s Yunnan province on June 27 when she accidentally dropped a bracelet while trying it on.

Lady faints

Unfortunately for the woman, the jade bracelet snapped in half, reports the People’s Daily Online.

According to reports, the bracelet slipped out of her hand and it cracked in two after hitting the floor.

Footage shows the moment the woman faints upon learning the price of the bracelet.

Jade is a luxury product in China and is seen to represent good health and a long life.

Following the smash, the shop’s owner told her that the bracelet was worth 300,000 yuan (£34,000).

She was reportedly so shocked that she passed out and had to be placed on the ground by family members in order to recover.

According to witnesses, the family offered the seller 70,000 yuan (£8,000) in damages however he refused saying that was not enough for them to break even.

The bracelet was valued by an independent expert to cost around 180,000 yuan (£20,700). The family agreed to pay the owner this sum of money.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s